Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cautious First Steps


I'm starting this blog with a bit of trepidation. As anyone who knows me can attest, I find it much easier to think than to act, to write about God's Word than to live in its light. Writing is a wonderful gift, and I'm thankful to God that He has allowed me to enjoy it. But it's too easy to abuse it, to make it a way of escaping from the harsh realities of the world around me. That is not His desire for me.

Spurgeon said, "The practice of truth is the most profitable reading of it." If that's true, and I believe it is, then I've done a lot less profitable reading than I'd like to think. So I realize this may not be the wisest time to start a new blog.

But at the same time, I do have devotions regularly, and the Lord often blesses me during those times. If I can share some of those blessings, just pass them along as they come my way, I think the Lord is pleased with that.

So, when I take notes during my private devotional times, I might just as well put some of those thoughts here, too. And then perhaps you all will pray for me that I'll live those truths in my crazy day-to-day life, and I'll make it a point to pray for all of you, too.




(Photo from Stock.xchng, by Keira)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin