Friday, October 3, 2014

Love Poured Out (A bit of free verse)


Lord, my soul brims.
Your Word, Your beautiful Self-portrait
Ripples in my heart,
Makes it tremble with love for You.

Fullness overflows.
My words cascade.
Though they can't express the loveliness I see,
Nor vibrate in perfect sympathy with my heart's strings
As You draw out their music.

You accept my humble gift with humbler joy.
You smile.
You love.

Should I write my heart here,
Where none but a handful will ever read it?

Like Mary, I will break my alabaster box,
I will pour out my fragrance of love
Though only a few around Your table will breathe their aroma,
And some may not approve.

Judas thought the anointing wasteful,
Too much for Your poor body.
I sorrow that it's not enough
For Him who reigns in Glory.

You accept my humble gift with humbler joy.
You smile.
You love.

I have no eyes for those who frown.
But I feel the warmth of tearful smiles
From those who've also given You
Their paltry best
And felt Your blessing on it.

Our Bridegroom,
We rejoice to have no further need
To anoint You for Your burial.
With great anticipation we pour our hearts out to You
For our wedding day.





No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin