Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Major Update!

Hello everybody! 

I am deviating from my series on Hating Sin so that I can update you on two things: my biopsy results and the new ministry that I hinted at in a recent entry

So, drumroll please...my biopsy results are FINE!  Thanks to all of you for your prayers, and to the Lord for His mercy!  God is good all the time, which means He would have been just as good if He had allowed me to have cancer.  Since I'm no better than any other person (and I'm worse than some), I can't possibly say I don't deserve cancer.  Plenty of people better than myself have not only had it, but succumbed to it.  So when I say "mercy," I mean "mercy."  Thank You, Lord.

Now, on to my exciting new ministry opportunity! 

American Sign Language alphabet, laid out by D...

Image via Wikipedia

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

My church, Discovery Fellowship, is allowing me to use their facility to teach a free Sign Language class!  Is that cool, or what?  So, if you live near me, feel free to come out on Tuesday nights, beginning June 30th, from 7-8pm.  I’ve been working like crazy to prepare a curriculum (still have a long way to go), and searching for ways to provide my students with quality sketches of Signs that they can take home with them.  I can’t use copyrighted artwork, of course, and I’m not teaching straight out of any single text, so I’m having to scrounge up what I can.  I’m also hoping to have some Sign sketches drawn for me since so few are available for free redistribution.  (I can’t draw worth pbbbbbt!)

I think this is going to be a whole lot of fun, and I hope lots of you can come!  There will be a sign-up sheet at church, but if you can’t sign up there, please contact me and let me know you plan on coming.

For those who are curious, I intend to teach ASL (as opposed to any English-based Sign systems), and plan to teach such things as facial grammar, classifiers, etc.  It will all be pretty basic, but hopefully very interesting and enjoyable.

I’m so excited!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Yvonne Blake said...

Thank you, Lord, for Your wonderful works!

This blog is like a drink of fresh water. God showers us with blessings, doesn't He?

I wish I lived close enough to attend your classes, Sunny.

Vonnie

Laurie M. said...

This is all wonderful news! I'm so happy for your time of rejoicing.

Sherri Ward said...

Great news, Betsy - on both the biopsy and the ministry opportunity. Sorry it took me so long to read this!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin